Network Automation Professional
I optimize complex network infrastructures by reducing configuration drift and increasing operational integrity through the use of Ansible and Itential automation frameworks.
Sr. Systems Engineer – Southwest Airlines
Lead the Southwest Airlines Network Engineering in combining network engineering, automation, and software development skills in order to deliver stable and strategic automated solutions. Skills include but are not limited to:
- Analyze complex tasks, identify logical subtasks, and develop workflows to achieve network automation tasks.
- Expert experience developing scripts/programs utilizing REST API using JSON or XML.
- Expert experience with network automation tools/platforms such as Ansible, Ansible Tower, Itential, NAPALM, and Cisco NSO.
- Expert experience working with DevOps/SDLC tools such as Git/Bitbucket, Jenkins, and Jira.
- Development, testing, and deployment of automation to network elements like Cisco Routers/Switches, Palo Alto Firewalls, WAN Optimization platforms, and SD WAN.
“During my time working with Carlos at Verizon, Carlos worked as an Engineer IV and received a much deserved promotion to Principal Engineer. The promotion was simply a result of his dedication, persistence, and constant desire to improve his skills and abilities.”
“Carlos and I have worked with each other for about 7 years in various roles. While the responsibilities changed in each of his roles, his work ethics and commitment to providing excellent service remained constant.
“Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.”